50YXF100MEFC8X11.5 is a type of aluminum electrolytic capacitor that is designed with a low equivalent series resistance and equivalent series inductance.
The 50YXF100MEFC8X11.5 is an aluminum electrolytic capacitor in a radial lead configuration. The capacitor has a capacitance of 100 microfarads (uF) and a rated voltage of 50 volts (V).
“LOW IMPEDANCE ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS” in the product description. Means that these capacitors are designed to have low equivalent series resistance (ESR). And equivalent series inductance (ESL). which improves their performance in high frequency applications.
The “MEFC” in the part number stands for “Miniature Electrolytic Fixed Capacitor”. Which is an aluminum electrolytic capacitor . Designed to be smaller than standard electrolytic capacitors.
The “8X11.5” in the part number refers to the physical size of the capacitor. The capacitor has a diameter of 8mm and a height of 11.5mm.
- Radial leaded configuration: This capacitor has leads that come out from the bottom. Making it easy to install on a printed circuit board.
- Low impedance: The capacitor is designed to have a low equivalent series resistance (ESR). And equivalent series inductance (ESL), which can improve its performance in high-frequency applications.
- High capacitance: With a capacitance of 100 microfarads (uF). This capacitor is capable of storing a significant amount of electrical charge.
- High voltage rating: The capacitor can withstand a maximum voltage of 50 volts (V). Making it suitable for use in circuits with higher voltage requirements.
- Miniature size: It is design of this capacitor makes it smaller than standard electrolytic capacitors. This results in a more compact circuit design.
- Aluminum electrolytic construction: The capacitor is made of aluminum electrodes and electrolyte. High capacitance per unit volume can be achieved.
Q: What is the maximum temperature at which this capacitor can operate?
A: The maximum operating temperature of this capacitor is 105 degrees Celsius.
Q: What is the expected lifespan of this capacitor?
A: The expected lifespan of this capacitor depends on the operating conditions. But typically ranges from 1000 to 2000 hours.
Q: Can this capacitor be used in DC circuits?
A: Yes, this capacitor can be used in both AC and DC circuits.
Q: Can this capacitor be used for filtering and smoothing power supplies?
A: Yes, this capacitor is suitable for filtering and smoothing power supplies due to its low impedance and high capacitance.
Q: Is this capacitor polarized?
A: Yes, this capacitor is polarized, which means it has a positive and negative lead. It is important to connect it in the correct polarity, as reversing the polarity can damage the capacitor.